Sunday, April 10, 2011

Worth Taking a Look





Other than learning what God has to say in the Bible about orphans, hearing adopted children share their own stories has been one of the most effective means of breaking my heart for parentless children.  In all honesty, I hope that through watching videos such as the ones below, your heart will be increasingly softened towards orphans throughout the world, too!


"Say Yes"

This video, titled "Say Yes," contains testimonies of adopted children.  I remember the first time I watched this as Paul was studying on the couch across from me.  For the first time in the adoption decision-making process, I began to weep as I watched this, and Paul's eyes welled up just listening to the voices of these kids.  Their stories are great pictures of the beauty that is adoption.



The Ivey Family's Adoption

And my good friend Brandy recently posted this short documentary on her Facebook page.  She and her husband are expecting and are adopting from the Congo as well, and she mentioned that watching this video makes her anticipate the completion of their adoption.  I totally relate, Brandy!



Ben Affleck & Cindy McCain Together for Congo Aid

One particular night a few weeks ago, Paul and I happened to see this segment where ABC News reported on what Cindy McCain and Ben Affleck are doing to help the war-stricken people of the Congo.  I'm so thankful for what they are doing for these people, and watching this reveals the devastation in which many Congolese orphans live.


Psalm 68:5-6
"Father of the fatherless and protector of widows
   is God in his holy habitation.
God settles the solitary in a home;
   he leads out the prisoners to prosperity,
   but the rebellious dwell in a parched land."



No comments:

Post a Comment